Monday, April 29, 2013

DIY Ottomans from Ikea Lack's

I have had a couple of Ikea's $8 Lack tables in my basement for a while.  They have been used as coffee tables and have been working fine.  Well, I came across a DIY ottoman tutorial on Pinterest using the Lack tables, and I knew I had to try it.  Even better, it was no-sew!  I do not sew, so anyting I see on Pinterest that doesn't involve sewing, I pin away!   
It was so super easy...it just takes a little bit of time to put them together.  Here is the link that I found with all the instructions.

I used these white tables that were in my basement:

Here is how they turned out:

 Its the easiest thing...you just take camping foam, glue it to the table, then staple on batting and fabric.  Seriously, anybody could tackle these, and they make such a huge difference!



You can also replace the fabric with something different if you grow tired of what you have down the road...which I'm sure I will!:)


We did end up cutting the legs down a bit, since the foam adds a lot of height...I wanted them more of a foot stool height.  I am slowly getting our basement put together...but, as you can tell, very slowly!



Super, super easy...and best of all, cheap! Total cost with supplies, tables and fabric: $38...can't beat that for ottomans.  Thats my kind of DIY!!

10 comments:

Tai and Joe said...

Super cute, I had no idea you had a style blog. So fun!! You have great taste.

Tai and Joe said...

One more question, where did you get your cute tan small ottoman's? I am looking at some similar from target. We are re doing our front room and I really like the look of those, if you don't mind me asking.

Unknown said...

Tai, I got them at down east and I think they are originally from PB. But I see ottomans like them at downeast all the time...it's hard to find good ones that are the right size, huh! I'll keep my eyes peeled for you:)

The Hyde Life said...

Love the DIY!! They are so cute!!

Shannon said...

Lis, these ottomans turned out way cute! Good job!

Shannon said...

Lis, these ottomans turned out way cute! Good job!

Jamie said...

It's about time you have your own style blog! You are perfect for this! Love the ottomans!

Jamie said...

It's about time you have your own style blog! You are perfect for this! Love the ottomans!

Anonymous said...

Hey-
What is camping foam? Do you get that at the fabric store?

Stacy
www.anygirlcandoit.com

Unknown said...

What did you use to cut down legs?

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Melissa Rey Styles | Theme by BloggerThemes & frostpress | Built by NTWD